RE: First oil change

There's information on this on one of the websites (not sure which one)
which basically comes to the conclusion that you should wait at least the
5000 miles, perhaps even longer. Since your warranty requires the 5k change,
do it then. The factory fill is a special break-in oil which is not
available anywhere else and does seem to help break-in the engine.

Tim Irwin
'98 Porcelain Blue
4493 miles to first change
493 til the fun begins