RE: Tire pressures, silencing the alarm

>Haven't check the tires though? That is where the recommended psi is always
>located.

Agreed. I've filled and topped-off many, many tires on many, many
different sorts of cars. If you've ever replaced your tires, go by what
it says on the tires themselves. Even if you haven't, and the tires are
the original ones, there's no guarantee that the dealership didn't put
cheaper tires on your car prior to selling it (it happens). I'm thinking
that the recommended pressures as stated on the little sticker (on the
rear wheel well or the tank door or elsewhere) are suggestions for when
you buy tires, rather than filling them. Perhaps the car manufacturers
are suggesting, based upon this car's weight, power, handling, and
probable driver driving styles, that such-and-such-pressure tires are
best. Or something. I'm no expert - flame at will.
But, if you want my advice, always go by what it says on the tire itself.
-Tom

     /|=-    Thomas J. Boyer   --=|/
    /|=-    cyng@lamere.net   --=|/