intake air temps

I recently moved my outside air temp sensor to the intake area of ny
filter.  The set up I have is a Weapon R open element filter, and a
heatshield that I made my self out of some thin, but rigid aluminum.
The highest temp I have seen so far, in 85 to 90 degree ambient air
temperatures was 117 degrees.  This is after the car has been sitting
with the motor turned off.  On the freeway, at a cruising speed of 80
mph, the temp is right around 90 degrees.  I don't recall the exact
numbers, but my numbers seem to be considerably lower than the numbers
reported in EC a while back.  I will do some more definative test this
weekend.

1.  No heatshield
2.  Heatshield
3.  Some type of cold air ducting to flood the area with outside air.

Sorry, I have butchered my air box, so no tests can be done with one.  I
may be able to acquire one though.

If you are interested in the heatshield, e-mail me privately.  If I get
enough responses, I can make a bunch of them and sell them for cheap.  I
made mine with tin snips, but would use more appropriate tools to mass
produce the thing.  I would expect the cost to be around 30 dollars,
parts labor and design.