Re: SQUEAKY ROOF

At 4:55 PM -0400 9/15/98, Christoper Hartwell@bbn.com wrote:
>Yo-
>
>Anybody out there have any problems with their roof squeaking when either
>tilting/opening/closing. Mines making awful noises all around. The car is
>only 2 months old 9k miles though. It's under warranty still, but c'mon 60
>days old and already nickle and dime problems......Hrmmmm it almost reminds
>me of the primitive days with my Saab 900SPG. Chaching, Chaching,
>Chaching............$$$$$$ it all adds up after awhile........
>
>Is this problem out there? I haven't heard anybody touching base on it...\

My sunroof does something similar, but not during opening or closing. It's
just a metallic "chittering" sound that happens when you go over bumps.
Took it in twice, still no resolution, but they've got it documented, and
hope to fix it soon. The sound moves with the sunroof. Really weird.

-Khan

--
Khan Klatt
1997 VW Jetta GLX, Emerald Green