Koni/NS Race Impressions (short)

This is just my impressions of the Konis/NS Race Springs for those too
impatient for my long message ;)

Initial impressions: Whoa! These things kick major ass! Neuspeed Race
Springs are 350-400lb dual-rate F, 300lb linear rear. These are
certainly not for everybody, but they are *exactly* what I was looking
for. The car was lowered >2" and looks great, but the handling is where
its at...with Konis on full firm there is *no* rocking on hard
acceleration, almost no nosedive on braking, corners flat as can be (I
still have stock sways), and is not *too* harsh ;)  Keep in mind this is
on Florida roads and I'm going to continue using 15" wheels. I think it
might be unbearable with 17" and maybe even with 16". I drove 90 miles
home on I-75 with the Konis on full firm and the ride was a little busy,
but incredibly stable. I was pretty worn out after 1.5 hours of it,
though. I drove it today with the Konis on full soft and the ride was a
*little* bouncy, but really as comfortable as the stock suspension with
63k miles was. I'll give a full report toward the end of the week as I
tweak the Konis...I have a 90 mile round-trip commute to work everyday
to try it out :)  The car is completely transformed, and IMHO it should
have come from the factory *this* way! I honestly find it comfortable
and completely practical for street use, and we're going to hit all the
local autocrosses with the newly suspended VR6's, too! I also don't
think I'll need bigger swaybars, and if I do, they will be the smaller
22/25 bars.

Tom M. Matthews
tmmatthews@worldnet.att.net
'95 GTI VR6 08 G-Chip, Konis/NS Race, 15" Borbet Type S and Toyo T1
(soon!), DE Interior, Whipple Mount, NS F Strut Bar, K&N, smoked Hellas,
misc. appearance schtuff, Kenwood/Sony/Infinity Kappa/JL Audio, and a
glove box!