Funky windows

 On my 95 Jetta GLX, I had my windows stop working on me.  The wierd thing is
is that the windows will roll up and down just fine from the door lock on the
outside, but when I go to roll them up or down from the inside, it does
nothing at all.  Could this be reminiscient or a window regulator or of the
factory alarm being stoopid?  If its the latter, its going to back to my alarm
shop who just put a Viper 600 in it.  Anyone run into this problem?

Matt
95 Jetta GLX
"Need ventilation and can't share my music with the world" edition