Re: interior

Maybe their is a malfunction in your heater controls (always on).  Check
out the exit vent at the feet level to see if you have warm air exiting
even though the heater is set to off.

Additionally, I had a 95 Jetta GLX where there was a short in the heater
controls on the dash.  This eventually caused the control panel to melt.

John Kiekhaefer