Re: Report on recent mods/purchases (Suspension, Brakes, K&N)

>How did you mount the front VR6 emblem on the 95 grill?  I have had one
>sitting around for awhile that Autotech said would clip right on when I
>ordered it but it doesn't.

I cheated, Chris. I used glue. Yeah, yeah, shush. I used some very tacky
3M glue from a metal tube ... white/red tube, found at a pharmacy. Worked
like a charm. Tacky and not messy. Looks beautiful.
   I got my front grille's VR6 badge from Kevin Ng (whom I shall
henceforth
think of as Mister Badges (or, since he's got the stealth look going in
full effect (because I've got all of his badges), Mister Badgeless. Thank
you once again, Keven!)) and used that glue. I put some on the flat,
horiz.
portion, then laid the badge on the central bar of the INCREDIBLY CHEESY
front grille and let it set. It should rest there nicely on its own, held
in place by its own weight and the little tabs on the horizontal portion.
No big deal.
   Hey - if the glue stands up to 105mph, then it's good enough for me.
   Incidentally, I used 3M moulding tape (double-sided foam tape where the
foam is grey and the plastic tape they use to keep one layer from sticking
to the other whilest on the roll is red, found in a VIP if you're looking)
to affix my colour-matched "JettaIII" and "GLX" badges to the trunk lid (I
left the front grille "VR6" and trunk lid "VR6" chrome - kind of as a
highlight or some such). It works wonderfully, and the colour-matching on
my black GLX looks superb. I used touch-up paint from Pep Boys (the very
watery, brush-on type - looks like nail polish. But don't use nail polish
because it has a tendency to CRACK).
   Um, something like that. Anyhow, yeah. I need to go to bed.
-T

         /|     -=Thomas J. Boyer<cyng@lamere.net>=-     |\
         \|      -=Tsaim Kurros<pen.mip.net 4000>=-      |/