Extended warranty

Right before my 2yr/24k warranty expired, I went out and bought an extended
warranty (not VW) to 7yrs/100k. It's "bumper to bumper" (covers everything
except wear items). Now my question is: If I take my car into the dealer for
an engine problem, but the dealer refuses to do work on it because I have
some aftermarket items, can I whip out my extended warranty, get
authorization from the warranty company, and expect the dealer to then do
the work? In other words, does the extended warranty's coverage of the
powertrain supercede the VW warranty? Thanks for any info.

Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue

Unrecognized Data: application/ms-tnef