Correction on GTI vs. GLX gearing...

Well, I *did* find information on the Internet that showed that the GTI and
the GLX are geared differently, but upon checking the VW site for this
info, it appears that the original info that I was basing my statements on
is probably wrong. Here's the official specs:

Source: <http://www3.vw.com/cars/gti/gtispc.htm> and
	<http://www3.vw.com/cars/jetta/jettaspc.htm>

Jetta GLX VR6	5-Speed Manual		4-Speed Automatic

1st		3.78:1			2.71:1
2nd 		2.12:1			1.44:1
3rd		1.46:1			1.00:1
4th		1.03:1			0.74:1
5th		0.84:1			--
Reverse		3.80:1			2.88:1
Final Drive	3.39:1			3.70:1

Golf GTI VR6   	5-Speed Manual		4-Speed Automatic

1st		3.78:1			2.71:1
2nd 		2.12:1			1.44:1
3rd		1.46:1			1.00:1
4th		1.03:1			0.74:1
5th		0.84:1			--
Reverse		3.80:1			2.88:1
Final Drive	3.39:1			3.70:1

-Khan

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225