RE: Ok READ THIS (LONG)

Listen I feel like Don has Personally attacked the NB by saying they were a
piece of shit!  Maybe you can handle  people saying your car is but I take
a little more pride in them than that.  Every car has it's flaws.  I
understand that but that is not the issue.

If you look back I didn't start this.  Many of you all personally attacked
me about my supercharger and my judgment with the warranty.  Just because I
don't really care about the warranty does not make me an idiot.

Did you read this "Anyone want to take bets on how long that little (fully
voided power
>train warranty) supercharged Beetle will last??  I give it a year, and
>that's being generous. Let's see, how can I put this,...FOOL! "

What is this being based on?  You didn't say why?  Have you had an
experience you self?  Does this statement hold true for the guy that put a
high performance cam in?  It voids the warranty, is he a fool??

I started out telling a story that happened to me with an A4 but I get
these kinds of responses.  This is not all about Don. After I calmed down a
bit I realized that Don does make a contribution to this list.  He has been
a wonderful asset to us all.  I take back some of the things I said. This
should not have been directed toward him.  I have to let you all know that
my intention was not to start anything.  It was just an experience I though
many of you would have got a kick out of.  Low and behold I get a rash of
shit.

I bought my NB with the notion that it was a good car, by saying it is not
without any evidence is purely disrespect toward me and everyone who owns
them.  If it had problems sure state the problems but just don't come out
and say it is crap.  You have to back it up in some way don't you think?

I was here on this list to gain knowledge about my cars.  I don't claim to
know everything.  My experiences with the warranty issue were straight from
the dealer.  I am sorry that the dealers you people go to are not the same.
 I really don't put much on the warranty factor anyway.  I understood by
putting a supercharger on my car that this would degrade some of my
coverage.
I had no problem with that.

I ask you since New Dimensions has a supercharged NB will you all be
writing e-mails to them expressing the same views that you have for mine or
is this personal?

Oh and I am sorry that Scott ffolliott's GLX is having problems.  All I can
tell you is the Lemon Law is valid in every state to protect you.  I would
look in to this.  I had to use it once.

The personal attacks that I made were uncalled for. I apologize for that
but maybe some of you should ask yourself why you are here. I have been on
this list about one year. Lately I just hear about this VW is crap and the
Audi tt is cool.  I thought this was a GLX list.  I have nothing against
Audi. I don't know enough about them.  I wanted to learn about my GLX.  I
only brought up my NB when the Audi thing came up.

Thanks for listening I regret this will be my last message on the list.

Bryan