RE: Bottom End Performance Mods

At 07:56 PM 10/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>VW doesn't send a guy out to look at the car.  They trust the dealers
>judgment.  The dealer would never pick up the tab.  They would not mention
>it to VW and poof they have an approval for a replacment.  They get paid
>and the customer is happy.  They don't go out of there way to find mods.
>
>Bryan  GOT IT FROM TWO VW DEALERS HERE IN DENVER  BITE ME!

The OTS has to be notified whenever a major component fails under warranty.
 If the trans is wiped or a drive shaft snapped he will ask us to check to
see if the ECM has been opened. Not hard to tell.  Than the customer will
get the letter advising him/her if it happens again Get out your check book.

Quite frankly Bryan I don't give a rats ass what you think about any of my
replies. I have been working at a VW/Audi dealer for 25 years. I think I
may know a little more of what goes on than you do.

I post what I think is informational and relevant to this list.  Whether VW
decides to punch out a warranty depends on each case.  Trust me It will
happen to someone on this list sooner or later. Don't say you weren't warned.

Don