RE: Bottom End Performance Mods

At 09:53 PM 10/6/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Once you have a contract signed if they have not changed the wording they
>cant do squat.  My dealer here is quite ok with the mods.  In fact they say
>that they would have to prove that the particular mod caused the problem.
> If it did well then yes but who the hell keeps cars past the powertrain
>warranty anyway?  You have to keep upgrading if you plan on keeping any
>kind of value.  That goes for any car.
>
>Bryan
Bryan. Trust me if you launch a transmission or drop a rod bearing and it
can be traced to a performance modification you will be responsible. There
is no way the dealer will be that nice when VW refuses to pay a claim. I
just got done replacing a motor in a 1998 GTI with 6,000 miles because of a
warped crankshaft. This motor was $7,200 and I was paid 35 hours labor to
replace it. This car was modified and my OTS went over the car looking for
a performance chip. If he found it bingo no coverage. No chip VW paid the
repairs.  No chip was found.

Don