Re: Where to park (WAS: Dings in the door...)

Total Agreement.  I also park this way.  So far my '98 GLX (bought 11/97) has
15k miles on it with NO dings, scratches, etc.  Just a couple of notes.  For
some reason, my Corrado ('90 G60) front plate got wrecked.  Maybe because the
car is lower than most, buy somebody plowed into my plate and demolished it.
After I sold my Corrado, I had to hammer the plate into a flat piece (which it
really never looked new again).  It's kind of a good thing that I had a front
plate.  I know people don't care for them, but my bumper would have taken the
hit instead of the plate.

You also mentioned parking as close to the curb as possible which leaves alot
of space between the car and the white line separating the spot.  On the
average, this does reduce the possibility of dings because the car parked is
further away.  On several occasions though, the person that parks in the spot
next to me after I've already parked my car, parks over the white line because
they don't look at the lines and just look at the available space between my
car and the car in the third spot and park in the damn middle of the space,
not middle of the lines.  F'in asses.

Sorry for ramblin.

Peace.
C '98 GLX