RE: subwoofer

As I understand it, its not advisable to run a subwoofer off a head unit.
It should be run off an amp. (Don't know about the Bose system, I did't
have it, I just had VW Premium Audio) The general rule is the subwoofer is
supposed to get double the power that the other speakers get.

I'm just getting into this car audio thing after having a Kenwood head
unit installed last weekend. (If you are considering getting rid of the
factory unit, DO IT!!, as others have said, big improvement.) I'm sure we
have more knowledgeable listers that will shed more light on this topic.

Later,
-Naresh

'95 Jetta GL- Black