Stereo and Suspension Questions

Title: Stereo and Suspension Questions

Couple of random questions for everyone:

First, I have a 98 GLX with the Bose system and the dealer installed Panasonic CD changer (the merits of that decision we can discuss on another day).  What are my options for replacing the headunit but keeping everything else stock?

Suspension question:  What exactly are coilovers how do they differ/work better than traditional strut/shock/spring setups?  What are the pros and cons?

Thanks for the help.

Steve
98 GLX Red/Black leather
20% tint all around (do it if you can get away with it!)