Re: OFF TOPIC: scanning pictures

>This is not quite right. Some monitors can depict as high as 100dpi.
>
>However, reducing down to 72 dpi makes a lot of sense. The program to use
>for this is Photoshop. I typically scan at a rate TWICE as high as the
>screen resolution. A scanner program is not very good at interpolating
>information for the screen, so you should scan at most 144 DPI for the
>screen.
snip

Thanks Khan for elaborating. My answer was a bit short.

I've noticed many more people on this list are doing web pages featuring
their Jettas. As Khan mentioned, Photoshop is the best tool to use for
scanning and working with images and if you want to get into doing a nice
web page you should consider getting a copy of this program. It is also
kinda pricey. MacMall lists Photoshop 5.0 for $615. However, if you are a
student (or you know someone who is) you can get this program for quite a
bit less. Journey Education Marketing (www.journeyed.com) sells it for
$299. The catch is that you have to fax a copy of a student schedule to
them to confirm that you are a student. I'd also recommend getting a
tutorial book that can walk you through Photoshop.

John Darwak
'97 Jetta GLX Sequoia/Biber beige