voiding of warranty and other queries...

I'm new to the list and am in the market for a Passat GLX.  I'd be glad
to hear what aspect you all love and or hate about these cars.  Am I
mistaken that the GLX is 4WD?  I'd be especially interesting in hearing
what automatic owners have to say.  By the way I think I'm going to be
going new with this particular car.

As for the voiding of warranty, I also own a heavily modded '92 Talon
AWD.  First and foremost, for the dealer to void anything they must be
able to prove that whatever problem your car is experiencing is directly
correlated withh modifactions you have done to the car.  For example, a
cut airbox and K&N don't lead to tranny failure.  Secondly if a dealer
ever threatens to void your warranty because of the way you drive the
car first tell him to kiss off into the air, and then verbaly strong arm
him/her/it. Contact corporate offices and get any and all verifaction
that driving your German automobile, made for high speed, high
perfomance type driving cannot be in danger of losing a warranty.
Everyone must fight Satan.

Ted