Re: Re: top speed run

This topic came up a short time ago, about the speedometer
reading and what the trip computer would say.  It was pretty
unanimous that every person that tested it came up with the
same results.  I myself have tested it on numerous occasions
and came up with the same result.  The test was to set the
cruise control at a specific MPH, or just to hold your foot real
steady at a set MPH---reset the computer at that point and
then see what MPH the computer shows, in every case it
was 3 MPH less than what the speedo was showing, and on
one constant speed on my car it even was 4 MPH less.  I guess
it all probably has to do with being on the "safe" side as far as
limitations on tires, posted speed limits etc.  I have never heard
of a manufacturer intentionly doing this, I know for a fact that there
is a speedo error for some auto's.  I think based on previous postings
on the same subject that the speedo can be re-calibrated to the
actual MPH.  Later..........

Talat
97 GLX
Blk/Blk