Re: OFF TOPIC: scanning pictures

>Hey gang,
> I've been having some trouble scanning in pictures for my website and hvaing
>them look decent with a small file size.  I scan it in at 400-450 resolution,
>and then the file size is right at about 4mb.  And then I shrink the vertical
>and horizontal scale and that can take it down to around 400k, but then it
>looks choppy.  I use the Micografx photo magic program. Does anyone have and
>ideas/suggestions on how to make them look better and get a good file size??
>
>thanks in advance
>Matt

Matt,

Don't scan at such a high dpi. The highest resolution that you can see on
the web is 72 dpi, so scanning at 400-450 dpi is a waste. Try scanning
your Jetta (jetta content!) at 72 dpi and then look at it on the screen.
Should look fine and that will also bring the file down to a reasonable
size.

John Darwak
'97 Jetta GLX Sequoia/Biber beige