New VW List/Club??

I'd like to throw this out to everyone...

I haven't run across anything like this so far.....how many folks would
be interested in starting/joining a VW Motorsport club/mailing list?
This whole Waterfest thread reminds me of how silly I'm quickly finding
the whole "show" scene.  Yes, let me cut a hole in the top of my fenders
so I can jam 25" wheels under my car and then slam it about 10" so it
drags on the ground.  Then, I'll make up my own tuning
company..."Nutsack Racing Team" and put HUGE stickers all over my car.
I could go on about little velvet ropes and stuffed animals, but I
won't.  If you like that stuff, hey, fine....it's a free world.

I'm making plans now for participating in a few track events and an
autocross or two next summer.  The parking lots at those events are my
idea of a car show.  Either that, or informal get togethers with other
laidback VW owners.

I don't see this as a high traffic sort of list.  It'd be open to any VW
owner who has questions about formal racing....tips on how do beat 'ol
Billy Bob in his '72 big block El Camino on the back 'forty doesn't
count. Since not many of us are experts (I haven't done any racing at
all) I'm sure we'll all have lots of questions and could learn a lot
from each other.

Seems that it'd be easier to notify each other of local autocrosses,
races, etc. etc. etc.

Anyone with me? Please respond privately, so every list in the world
isn't cc'd.

Thanks!

Jeff
1993 Corrado SLC