RE: wind noise

About the squeaks and rattles, I would not use any sort of grease. Not only
is it messy, it could potentially damage the paint (same goes for the person
who recommended the Armor All stuff). A better but not perfect solution is
the isolation tape that has been mentioned recently. There is a TSB at the
great new site Don (deecee) mentioned:
http://www.members.tripod.com/Whitey_VW/whitey_VW.html

Another key source of squeaks is the sunroof. To see if the noise is indeed
coming from that area, slide back the sunroof panel thing (leaving the
"moonroof" i.e. sunroof itself is still closed) and push up on the sunroof
with the palm of your hand. You should hear some major creaking. Basically
the contact point between the weatherstripping on the sunroof and the roof
itself gets dirty and causes friction. Just make sure that every time you
wash and/or wax the car you open the sunroof and apply some wax in that area
(the painted area of course).

However with this bastard cold weather I still hear many rattles and
squeaks, just none loud enough to annoy me. Fix: Turn up the volume on the
radio.

Kevin Ng
97 GLX Windsor Blue