Audi A3 Sighting in Bellingham, WA!

I could not believe my eyes today.

I pull into the Red Robin parking lot in Bellingham WA, and out of the
corner of my eye, I see this hatchback Golf looking car. I do a double
take, and look to see if it's a MkIV Golf..., nah, it's not a Golf, but
it's not anything I've seen either-- and there are wider, european looking
plates on the thing!!! WTF?

Well, I park my car, and lo and behold, right in front of me is a Black V6
Passat (fairly rare in these parts). So I'm like, "wow, lightning has
struck twice (three times with my GLX) in the same spot."

I wander over to the hatchback, and sure enough, it's an Audi A3!!

First thing that catches my eye are all these H&R (tastefully applied)
stickers and paint on the car. I walk around, and wow, 18" wheels, and this
car has been dropped to the ground!

I peer into the passenger window, and it's got a gray/faded purple cloth
interior, nice Audi A4 style center console. I peer into the rear seat, and
there's a Washington license plate. I get around to the back of it, and
sure e-nuff, it's got Audi A3, and 1.8T as badges on the back.

I decide it's time to look closer at the wheels... and yes! They are
Porsche 18" wheels, with Toyo Proxes T1's on them. Schweeet!!!

I hung out for a couple minutes trying to find the owner, but they were
gone after I went in to try to find the owner. The car was a dark bluish
charcoal color. Rumor has it (from the local dealer) that the A3 was
imported from Germany for racing purposes, and a tuning shop either in WA
or in BC is putting H&R springs, etc. on it for testing/racing.

I don't know, but this car was KICK ASS. It was as sweet as any corrado
I've seen, if not sweeter.

This is what I saw today:
<http://www.audi.com/java/models/stage/philo/design/a3/images/start.jpg>
<http://www.audi.com/java/stage/stage/designoskar/intro/images/1a.jpg>
<http://www.audi.de/mod/a3/ambition/bild/bild3.jpg>
<http://www.auto-forum-roskilde.dk/images/a3bag.jpg>

-Khan

<http://www.intersim.co.uk/a3_1.html>

Khan Klatt <kklatt@nw.verio.net>                                       Verio
Network Engineer                                    Bellingham Branch Office
Tel 800.591.2757 x 13                                    725 N. State Street
Fax 360.738.8315                                        Bellingham, WA 98225