ID Drag Wars in Dallas

Well, there were 600+ cars registered to race at the drag wars today.
Texas is Blowin up.  Anyways, it took all day to run the car, plus the
weather was miserable, real foggy.  However, I did manage to stick it
out and win my class.  Ya Hoo!  There were three classes.  7.50 - 9.99,
10.0 - 14.99, and my class which was 15.0 and up.  All racing was done
in a bracket format, and my dial in was a 15.1  I ran a best of 15.07,
which would have broke me out, but the other guy broke out by more.  The
best part about the whole day, was that ther wasn't a Honda in any of
the finals in any class, and even better than that, the final in my
class was all VW!  Rob Conyers in his Corrado and myself.  Rob red
lighted, which gave me the win with a 15.3, to his 15.5.  It was a real
long day, but it was worth it.

BTW, put my car on the scale, Momo Rookie seats, and no rear seats or
spare, and my GTI tipped the scales at 2635, without me in it, and 2815
with me.  Thought I should have been way faster, but I am not
complaining.

Billy T.

Also, the VW turn out was the best we have had at a Dallas event, like 8
cars.  3 Corrados (2 G60s), 3 GTI VR6s, 2 GLXs(one with nitrous), and
one A2 GTI VR6.  The A2 wasn't racing, but it was so clean.  I want one.

Peace out.