RE: fuel/oil additives

I don't know enough about Prolong, though I must admit they've managed to
wrangle some fairly impressive spokespeople (so at least they have marketing
money). They don't tout PTFE (Teflon) which you should avoid like the plague
unless you enjoy rebuilding VR6's. However, I have also seen very little in
the way of independent testing on the product and find some of their
infomercials a bit unbelievable to my skeptical mind.

Questions to ask yourself:
1. Is the risk worth the benefit? Do you want to put your engine at risk
with some unknown quantity, or do you go with a known quantity that may
produce similar results (i.e. a good synthetic with regular changes)?
2. Who has tested and approved this product?
3. Who paid for those tests?

As for fuel additives, you've listed two different types. I believe that
104+ is an octane booster and may protect valves in older cars with
pre-unleaded valves as well. Not sure that it would do anything (good or
bad) in the VR6.

The Castrol Syntec fuel additive is likely a cleaner (couldn't find anything
on the Castrol site, so I'm not sure), but if it is, then it would act
similarly to Chevron's Techron, etc. Whether it is better than Techron would
of course depend on whose marketing team you talked to.