RE: Suspension Question

The tires could probably help the road noise (assuming "quieter" tires), but
they definitely won't help the body roll, in fact the car will likely roll
even more due to the higher limits of a better tire. Also, without a better
suspension, you could end up with most of that larger contact patch off of
the road.

See http://www.grmotorsports.com/delsol.html for a very interesting article
on how they took a basic Honda Del Sol over 1g on the skidpad with tires and
suspension.

I'm not saying the tires are great (they aren't), but my plans currently are
(in order, and when I have the money):
- Bilstein struts
- Neuspeed sofsports (if I decide not to play in the stock autocross
division, or just get tired of the springs)
- Toyo Proxes Z1's (maybe - I just saw Patrick's email on their price -
urp!)

Of course all of that depends on spousal approval and bank balance.

Has anyone tried running a strut like the Bilstein with the stock springs?
Its not the extra cost of the springs (really not that much when it comes
down to it), but I might try autocrossing with the car (yeah I know its not
terribly competitive) and would like to stay in the stock division for now.

Tim Irwin
'98 Porcelain Blue GLX