RE: Blau Las Vegas?????????

I can't comment on the Bose system other than that I have also seen many
postings about aftermarket units with the full Bose system and no problems
(other than seeing how bad the stock head unit was).

You might check out http://continentalimports.com/. He's an authorized
Blaupunkt dealer in Florida who also does mail order. His Las Vegas price is
currently $230, but he does offer discounts if you get more than one item
(head unit, changer, etc.). I just purchased a Sydney (7 series, keycard,
cassette) with an A071 changer for about $560 incl. shipping and antenna
adapter. I went with the Sydney since I didn't want to haul a faceplate
around (it uses a "smart card" instead). I think that Blau. is running a
rebate on the Toronto, which is the CD counterpart to the Sydney.

If I hadn't gotten the CD-Changer, it would be a direct plug in installation
(not sure if that would be the case with Bose), but with the changer, I'll
have to splice 3 wires (pins 1-3 on the bottom connector). Oh well. Make
sure you get the antenna adapter (I know its necessary for the '98's, not
sure on earlier cars).

Does anyone have an opinion on the use of bullet connectors instead of a
butt splice for wiring stereo's? If I used a bullet, it would be easier to
re-connect the factory system, but I'm thinking that the butt splice would
provide a better long term connection.