Re: Thermostat/fan probs?

On Nov 4,  5:44pm, Dr Bob wrote:
> One other thing I forgot to mention and that is the VR6 has a circulator
> pump which is what you may be hearing when the fan is not running.  This is
> also normal for the VR6..
>-- End of excerpt from Dr Bob

That's what I was wondering about...

Basically, this thing was pretty loud, and sounded like an old-fashoned
Dustbuster that my parents had.  Furthermore, it was going off for either 30
seconds or 1 minute, every 3-5 minutes.  This was at 4am.  I had gotten home
at 10pm.

However, I went out and started the car (just wondered if this thing was
affecting the battery), and after I ran it for a sec, it didn't go off again.
I have no idea if that matters.

And finally, when I started this morning I thought it was idling a bit rougher
than normal.  Now this may have been because I was being extra-sensitive to
it due to my concerns, but I let it run until the water temp gauge had a
decent reading and the oil gauge was giving a number, and kept the RPMs down
'til things were normal.

--
John A. Kilpatrick                        Systems/Network Administrator
kilpatri@sgi.com                       Silicon Graphics Inc., Team TREX