RE: Head Unit

>     STOP!!!! Don't connect the negative speaker wires to  ANYthing if you
>have a Bose system!!!! You will fry  the bose amps if you do.   (In my
>line of work I learn to ask the stupid  questions.... I aplologize if this
>one insults your inteligence.) Are you sure you have the Bose' sound
>package? Check all your connections.

Oh!  If I had read further in the original post, I would have seen it was
the BOSE shit in the car!  (Man I've said it on the list before, I really
don't like Bose products).

If I recall correctly, the voltage is way too high coming from the speaker
level outputs to go into an amp...I doubt the amp will "fry" but it WILL be
over driven with pre-amp voltage.

Does any one produce a speaker to line level convertion that is correct in
impedance and voltage for the Bose system?  Crutchfield?  It seems that a
deck conversion is very popular...if no one is in the market, maybe I (or
some other entreprenuer on the list) will design and manufacture one.

In summary, follow the advice above from zeek...I stand corrected.

Brian M. Gracek			Saint Cloud, Minnesota, USA

"On the road of life"...There are 'windshields', and there are 'bugs'
		          (splat!)

		"Squeegees Wanted"