Re: The VW Jetta GLX Mailing List Digest V2 #154

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Eric Wang wrote:

> Hey Bruce and CA Brit Boy,
>
>      Are those prices that you're talking about for a 4 -banger or for the V-6?  Here in my neck of the woods (NY), you can't get a V-6 Passat GLS for under $21k.  So I'm just curious, because a friend of mine is getting a V-6.  Anyone know the price of a V-6?

I specified that the price I quoted was for a *base* GLS, because all CA
Brit Boy said was that he was buying "a 98 Passat GLS."  If his base GLS
had leather and automatic, then the price would be fair, but he didn't
specifywhat options he was packing; hence the urls I cited, so he could
do his own free research.  In response to your question about the price
of a Passat GLS V6, MSRP = $23190 and Dealer Invoice + Dest = $21355.

Bruce Stapley
Black 98 Jetta GLX