Re: What keeps running?

I bought a '98 GLX two months ago and sure enough, I have the same
noises.  My mom always thinks my engine is still running once I pull
the key and get out of the car.  I just tell them the fan still runs to
cool
off the engine.  About the high-pitch whining sound, I have no idea!
Someone please fill me in on this weird phenomenon.

Other than that... CONGRATS on the new car!!!  Make sure to take it
easy on the first 1000 miles...  break-in periods suck!

:)

- -Chuck Simpson...
'98 White Jetta GLX