Re: Rear window stopped working

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Bob Johnson wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>My rear passenger door window quit working.&nbsp;
It doesn't matter if I
<BR>use the key, front switch or rear switch.&nbsp; When I hit the switch
<BR>could hear a relay clicking in the door.&nbsp; I disassembled the door
and
<BR>it looks like there's some sort of control box connected to the motor.
<BR>&nbsp;That seems to be what's clicking.&nbsp; So, do you think the
motor is shot
<BR>or just some really expensive relay?

<P>Bob,</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp; Had the EXACT same problem.&nbsp; Mine made that clicking noise
too.&nbsp; My mechanic took apart the assembly and rebuilt it.&nbsp;&nbsp;
It wasn't the motor which was nice because it ain't cheap.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
If you live in the D.C. area let me know and I'll give you the name of
the shop I go to.&nbsp; If not,&nbsp; I am going in to have my oil changed
and tires rotated this Friday.&nbsp; I'll talk to him and have him write
me up some technical mumbo-jumbo and I'll forward it to you and the list.&nbsp;
The repair cost $93.50 to rip apart the door, find the problem and fix
it. Quite reasonable if you ask me.&nbsp; Haven't had any problems with
the window since.

<P>Chris Janus,
<BR>95 GLX, no mods.
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>