Re: Hood Supports:

I did the installation on my porcelean blue 98 GLX using the pep boys part.
There is no original part # because this is not a factor part.#92516

- -----Original Message-----
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
To: gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com <gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com>; jettaglx@igtc.COM
<jettaglx@igtc.COM>
Date: Saturday, May 16, 1998 12:19 AM
Subject: RE: Hood Supports:

Regarding the installation of the gas-strut type hood supports.... the
following have been posted as the correct struts:

                                                Pep Boys pro-lifts: part
#92516
                                               Auto Zone mighty-lifts: part
#E95212

I don't have a Pep Boys or Auto Zone within 100 miles of me; so can anyone
who
has done the conversion tell me what the struts were originally for (i.e.
Rear
window struts for a '86 - '89 RX-7) as I might be able to find them at one
of
my local suppliers (Kragen/Chiefs/NAPA/Car Quest etc).

Thanks very much.

Steve Sutton
ssutton@ridgenet.net
'98 Jetta Wolfsburg