Whats up with the sunroof?

Hey VW enthusiast,

I am going to be another VW owner...hopefully a Corrado if things go well...
  what the hell is up with VW's sunroofs..its 500+ dollars to fix if that
piece the size of a penny breaks in the track system, I heard..   Is there
anything to prevent it or it is just something you get yourself into when you
buy VW?  In south FL  I havent seen any Ventos, what is up with that?  That
model looks smooth when piled with mods.
if not Corrado, then Jetta with no doubt....but people please tell me what to
look for and ask about when going to buy it..  I dont feel like getting
ripped..   Thanks

Lance P.   FL
Insanska23