Re: After-market CD Changers

Quoting John Kiekhaefer's message, sent Thu, May 14, 1998 at 10:00:09PM -0500:
> I have recently purchased 98 GLX package in red.  Only extra was side
> airbags.  Just completed installation of a PanasonicCXDP601 CD Changer
> which I got from Crutchfield.  You also need to order the the VWPAN97
> interface from them. Total
> cost was around $290.  It works great.  Crutchfield's number is
> 800-955-3000.  They have these parts in their catalog but not on their
> website.

What kind of connector do you have in the trunk - a round DIN or a rectangular
connector?  (please say rectangular)
	---
What stereo do you have?  Does it just say Volkswagen on the cassette deck
(not premium audio), with a set of buttons on the left and right sides like
so:
	rectangle	rectangle
		  Circle
       	rectangle	rectangle

	(please say yes)
	---
Bose or no Bose?  (please say no)

I've been trying to figure out how to get an aftermarket CD changer in my 98
Jetta.  Many conflicting reports.  Crutchfield seems to think that I can't
do it...

thanks,
- -matt

- -----
Matt Garland  -------  Williams College, Class of '98
http://wso.williams.edu/~mgarland/sounds/
  - for tv & movie theme songs up the wazoo (and out the yang)

At the heart of science is an essential tension between two seemingly
contradictory attitudes -- an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre
or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny
of all ideas, old and new.  This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep
nonsense.             -- Carl Sagan