Re: questions

- --============_-1316947841==_ma============

At 9:43 AM -0400 5/14/98, Franklin Mosley wrote:
>    Hey everyone, I just bought a black 98 GLX w/cloth.  This car is
>awesome (period).  I am leaving cars off the line without a problem and I
>love it.  I have two questions that I hope someone on this mailing list
>can help me out with.  First I am looking for a few extra horses, and I
>understand one of the easiest and quickest things I can install is better
>air-intake.  I hear that this will give me between 5-8 HP.  I am looking
>for some recommendations, I also need to know if this would void my
>warranty.  My GLX came with the ten speaker Bose system minus the
>CD-Changer.  I know the car is wired for the CD and I see the CD controls
>on my radio.  My question is, what is a good aftermarket CD-changer that
>would hook-up to the stock radio? Or, should I go back to the dealer and
>have them put one in.  BTW does anyone know who makes the CD-changer that
>the dealers put in the cars?  Thanks

Generally speaking, the Bose systems use Panasonic decks (and I assume CD
changers) and the non-bose systems use Clarion decks (and Clarion CD
changers).

I went out and got a 635 Clarion changer and it works beautifully in my
non-Bose system.

>P.S. Here are the cars that have watch my taillights fade in the distance:
>Honda Accord
>BMW 318
>Grand AM
>Eclipse
>Integra
>and the list keeps growing.............

The Honda Accord is no surprise, nor is the 4-banger Beamer. (Beat a 325,
that's more equivalent to a GLX)

Grand Am isn't much of a surprise, but certain Grand Prix can be pretty fast.

Certain Eclipse and Integras are pretty powerful cars, depends on the
model/mods on the car.

- -Khan
- --============_-1316947841==_ma============

<excerpt>    Hey everyone, I just bought a black 98 GLX w/cloth.  This
car is awesome (period).  I am leaving cars off the line without a
problem and I love it.  I have two questions that I hope someone on
this mailing list can help me out with.  First I am looking for a few
extra horses, and I understand one of the easiest and quickest things I
can install is better air-intake.  I hear that this will give me
between 5-8 HP.  I am looking for some recommendations, I also need to
know if this would void my warranty.  My GLX came with the ten speaker
Bose system minus the CD-Changer.  I know the car is wired for the CD
and I see the CD controls on my radio.  My question is, what is a good
aftermarket CD-changer that would hook-up to the stock radio? Or,
should I go back to the dealer and have them put one in.  BTW does
anyone know who makes the CD-changer that the dealers put in the cars?
Thanks

</excerpt>

Generally speaking, the Bose systems use Panasonic decks (and I assume
CD changers) and the non-bose systems use Clarion decks (and Clarion CD
changers).

I went out and got a 635 Clarion changer and it works beautifully in my
non-Bose system.

<excerpt>