Re: Hood Supports: The Instructions

Ng, Kevin wrote:

> I just installed the ones from AutoZone based on these instructions
> (thanks!)-very easy install! But I have a few questions:
>
>  -When opening the hood with the new lifts, does it come up smoothly, or
> fast like it's about to fly off the car? With the AutoZone ones, I have
> to keep my hand on the hood to prevent it from coming up too fast.

Yeah, they really took the hood out of my hands the first time I opened it.
Now I always hold it while opening, but FYI, they do get smoother with age.

>  -What difference does it make whether installing them with the "strut
> body closest to the fender" or the reverse way?

Well, I was told (by Mike Bigus), that the body would bind on.. uhh,
something -- I don't remember what -- if they were the other way.  Maybe the
AutoZone ones are thinner(?).

Glad they worked out, anyway.

- -erik