oil filter for 97

Okay, I'm between the 10k and 20k factory scheduled services so I decided to
take the ole GLX for an oil change...The guy at the garage told me that oil
filters for the 97 VR6 are only available from VW and that he doesn't have
any and can't get any...He said the 97 is different from all the rest...What
gives?  I know I can get filters from a few places...ND, Neuspeed...so why
cant he get them?  Anyone with a 97 have a similar experience?

Joel Bell
jbell@ptd.net
1997 VW Jetta GLX-VR6-Neuspeed-Autotech
Kenwood/MB Quart/Orion/PPI/Stinger/Phoenix Gold