Impression: AWE short shifter

Well, I just got back from Todd's AWE shop in Philly with his short shift
kit (for A3 VR6's) installed on my GLX, and I have to say that this is
the *BEST* mod I've done (so far) for the money. Throws have been reduced
by 50%, and the shift knob now stands about two inches shorter. When I
drove my cousin's Integra GSR last winter, I was jealous of the very
slick shifter (but not much else!)-not anymore. The drive back home gave
me a major cramp in my arm due to the initial notchiness. Todd told me
that it would feel "notchy" for the first 100 miles or so, but I wasn't
expecting to participate in the "World's Strongest Man" contest -getting
into 1st gear was definitely the hardest part. But now that I've made it
back home to CT, with the new shifter broken in, it feels PERFECT. And no
more of that "jiggly" feeling-the whole thing feels as SOLID AS A ROCK.

Thanks to Todd and his buddy at AWE for the install. I'm sure everyone
who's done business with him agrees, he's a nice guy and a great VW
mechanic. He went the extra distance to make sure everything was done
right, and even helped reset an engine "fuel vaporization" fault code
with his VW Tool for me.

People, if you own an A3 VR6 and don't have the AWE short shifter, what
are you waiting for? Get it now!

Kevin
97 GLX Windsor Blue
P-chip, modded airbox, Euro switch w/ rear fog, Clarion ProAudio, custom
hood lifts,....
..and AWE short shifter!