Re: Camry V6 2Door Vs. 97 VENTO VR6

>I think you may have some bad specs there... According to C&D, the GLX gets
>a 6.9 and 15.5...

Motor Trend #'s for the GTI.  There are test differences, C&D will use
speed shifting...MT is closed throttle shifting...Just something to
consider...If you can't shift like a race car test driver, the race will be
closer.  I agree that with good shifing technique it won't be close.

BTW MT tested an autotech GLX with Schrick 260 cams, a chip, K&N filter,
and the AT SS exhaust with a Quaiffe differential a 3.94 Ring and Pinion
(Versus stock 3.39).  The 0-60 was 6.5 with the 0.25 mile in 15.1s  And
that is with 213 hp!  Not much inprovement for 41 more hp...most of the
acceleration was from the ring and pinion.  Not sure why the set up wasnt
faster as I have seen stock GTi VR6s fun 14.8 in the quarter mile...chalk
it up to driver and atmospheric conditions I guess.

Brian  Gracek			Saint Cloud, Minnesota, USA

"On the road of life"...There are 'windshields', and there are 'bugs'
		          (splat!)

		"Squeegees Wanted"