Re: Check engine light

Don't bother unless it comes on and stays on. The light actually should
stay on once it is activated....there really should not be any periodic
flashing of the Check Engine light. Once it's on, the only way to turn it
off is to reset it by bringing it to the dealer and having it checked out.
If the car is running fine, it may be a front or rear O2 sensor which is
really nothing major, but may contribute to lower mpg. Or believe it or
not, it may have detected your gas cap not tightened properly after your
last visit to the station. I  didn't believe it either until I had asked
the VW dealer mechanic 2 or 3 times because i couldn't believe that would
be picked up by the on-board computer. Anyway, I'd hold out until something
starts feelin funny, or until u get enough $$$ to have it serviced and the
light reset.

Take care,
- -FlyinVR6