Re: Poll #1: chips

Hiya!  I have a 97 Jetta, but impressions should be about the same.  I
have the P-Chip and think that all around it's a good chip.  Take into
consideration I am about as anti-NoSpeed as you can get...but they did
good on the chip.  I have driven a Garrett Chipped GTI and liked it...Was
it much different than my chip?  No.  Would I go out and buy a Garrett
Chip now?  No.  If I had to do it all over would I?  Probably...EXCEPT :
There is only ONE problem with the Garrett Chip, no CARB Certification.
That means it is not street legal.  If this is of consideration (aka you
have asshole smog regulations in your state) then the P-Chip might be a
better chip.  But Garrett is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and
will do everything to make you happy.  That, in and of itself, makes the
chip worth it.  Hope this helps! :)

Mark Klaus Radelow
1997 White Jetta GLX