Re: Sorry News and Question

Some advise and info:

Look into the availability of the new Passat wagon.  The new Passat GLS sedan
(150hp1.8 Turbo, w/chip 205hp!) has an Invoice of $18,676 and a MSRP of $20,750.
I figure when the wagon is available it wont be too much more.  This way you can
hall the family around in sporty style and still have plenty of room!

For pricing info checkout...

Kelley Blue Book:  http://www.kbb.com/
Edmund's:   http://www.edmunds.com/
Also, you can take a peek at the NADA book at you local book store. And call your
bank, they'll have a different NADA book that will tell them/you how much the
bank will loan someone for your car.

Below is the Kelley Blue Book report on your car for your area of the country.

Blue Book Trade-in Report
South Carolina
April 30, 1998

TRADE-IN VALUE (Excellent)          $17,370
Trade-in value represents what you might expect to receive from a dealer for this
consumer owned
vehicle. Keep in mind that the dealer must then absorb the cost of making the
vehicle ready for sale,
advertising, sales commissions, arranging financing and insurance and standing
behind the vehicle
for any mechanical or safety problems.

Consumer Rated Condition:   Excellent
An "excellent" vehicle rating means that the vehicle looks excellent, is in
excellent mechanical
condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The
engine compartment
should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the paint, body and
interior are free of
any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are new or nearly new. A
clean title history is
assumed.

Good luck, and stay away from those damn mini-vans!

Joseph Mann
President, Austin VW Club