Re: [gti-vr6] Painting Emblems

On 3/30/98 12:29AM, in message <01BD5B72.F7D6F0E0.patrick@volkswagen.org>,
Patrick Sherman <patrick@volkswagen.org> wrote:

> What paint (Style, Color, Make) are you guys using on painting your (VW) emblems
> on the front and back?

I replaced both of mine with black VW factory emblems from Mike Potter... he also has
a black "Golf' emblem, and I'm contemplating replacing the red "GTI" emblem with one.
I come from the camp that feels it ain't a real GTI; why not call a spade a spade??

BTW many of us know what a PITA it is to remove the grille.. the "chrome" VW logo on
the front is even harder!!  I basically had to BUST that sucker out of there to get it off!!

Those of you with white cars - I have now had my Hella dual rounds' surrounds painted
in matching candy white.. will have pics available later this week for anyone who wants
a look.  MUCH improved over the smoked surrounds I had previously..

- --
Kevin Collins
collinsk@sprintmail.com
'97 GTI VR6