Re: [gti-vr6] Something to think about.

Wally Green wrote:

> I always ad in (in my own handwriting and initials) something like "to be
> driven by authorized personnel only" or "to be driven by service tech only",
> stuff like that. They can't balk at it for chrissakes, because you are only
> adding the obvious.

OK, I like the logic, but I have a better idea that I'd like to hear
an opinion on.  I'm thinking that this could even become a commercial
product.  (Remember who came up with the idea.)  Pea Sea software
companies use shrinked-wrapped license agreements.  "By breaking
the seals of this envelope, you agree to be bound by the terms
and conditions listed herein, including being Bill Gates' towel
boy at his new house. :-) " Here's my idea - a key chain contract!

By handling these keys, you agree to the following terms:

1) You are acting as an agent of your employer, and doing so with their
express permission and approval.

2) The vehicle will not be removed from your employer's premises
for any reason without the express written permission of the owner.

3) When written permission is provided, a written report must be
provided to the owner.  Said report will list the outgoing odometer
reading, the incoming odometer reading, time out, time in, name of
all person(s) in the vehicle at any time, and indicating which of
those people drove the vehicle at any time, and the reason(s) why
the vehicle was being driven.

999) The terms of this contract prevail over the terms of the canned
shop order contract you made me sign to get my car serviced.

I'm not a lawyer, so I don't know how far something like this will
fly with the dudes in the robes.....

- -Arthur

1995 Black GTI VR6 #16 GS PSCC/NYR-SCCA/HVCSCC