Re: [gti-vr6] Price Gouging

John Gibbons wrote:

> That is more than most of us paid for our VR6 J/Gs!!   I doubt anyone will
> pay much less than sticker for a Beetle (at least in the first year or so),
> but I would also not pay any more than that... I don't know which is
> crazier - the dealers price-gouging or the people who are willing to pay
> that amount (probably the latter!)
>
> -- John
>
> Mark Klaus Radelow wrote:
>
> > I went and drove a A4 1.8TQ today (didn't like it, but I won't go into
> > it)....anyways they also had a white 2.0L Beetle there.  Markup?
> > $5,000.  $21,000 for a base model Beetle.  You must be kidding me.
> >
> > Mark

[SNIPAGE]

I thought all the new Beattles coming out had the 'Sports'
package added on. Wouldn't that make the base price around
17K-18K? Still a big markup.

greg.
- --
        _________     USPA: A-20947     Gregory Wright
        _  / __ __  ___/  _ \_  __ `/   gregory@halcyon.com
        / /_/ / _  /   /  __/  /_/ /    Spacelabs Medical Inc.
 PDGA#  \____/  /_/    \___/_\__, /     Intesys Division.
 13380                      /____/      (206)867-7327