Re: Tires

Bryan Billings wrote:

> Ok guys,
> I am going to get some new "Z" rated tires for the Jetta GLX.  Stock
> 15". What do you guys like ?  Has anyone gone to a 215 45 ZR 15 ? or
> anything else for that matter?  They have to be "Z"'s cause i want to
> run them on the track and I am to poor to but new rims with type R's.
> Please help I am burning a hole in my boxers.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bryan Billings

  Hey Bryan...

   I just got a set of bridgestone RE71's, 205/50/15.  They are a great
tire and for the money I feel cannot be beat(about $380 at my door).  I
bought them because they were highly reccomended by my autocrossing
friends for all aroud performance and occasional AutoX and track time.
I plan to do both.  I have had SP8000's and D40's and autoxed on both
with my old highly modded A2 jetta.  The 8000's wore very quick.  The
D40's rocked!!!   Great on the track and the street.  For the money they
are great, about the same as the RE71's( I didn't by them again only
because I wanted to try something different).  All of these tires are
great in the rain, but never in the snow( 210A's for that).  Hope this
helped...  E-mail me if you have more questions...

       best,

        Jeff E.
        Vento VR6 ---->  Lots O' Mods....