New Beetle Pricing

     Well, the price gouging on New Beetles has started.  Sunday's
     Washington Post had 2 classified ads for Beetles.  One advertised a
     red one w/ sport package for $19500 and had a private phone #.  The
     other was a dealer advertising them for $750 over MSRP.  The sticker
     price on the three I have seen with the sport package all stickered
     around $17500.  I bet there is lot of suckers out there that are
     willing to pay $20000 and up for one.  You probably won't be able to
     touch one for less than that once warm weather starts.

     Greg Coombs