Installing a Glovebox & Airbags

Hey,
	I printed out instructions on how to install a glovebox from I think the
GTI or GLX page I think (please do not email me to find the address, as I
didn't keep it and am not sure from which page specifically I got it).
Anyway at the end was a service bulletin from VW for reasons why VW techs
should not install the box from Neuspeed. Apparently this is the euro
version (knew that) without reinforcement of metal in the box so it will
not act as a knee bar (didn't know that). Apparently the US spec one does
have reinforcement.
	The deal is that US airbags are higher powered because they are designed
with the thought in mind that most people do not use a three point seatbelt
(standard issue in all cars). European airbags are designed with the three
point belt in mind and are not as powerful. This begs two questions?
	Will the US spec airbag fit the car with modifications. VW in its memo
said no. Has anyone done it?
	Second, I have heard alot of talk about depowered airbags being fitted
standard to new cars. Is this basically the euro airbag. If so, does that
make it now legal to put euro airbags (and glovebox:) into the car? If this
is the case, I know Zender and others make some cool anatomical steering
wheels for VW euro airbag wheels. I love them, but they weren't legal in
the car before. I wonder if they are legal now?-G