Re: So I am stupid with my new GLX

<< I am planning on upgrading the head unit. I was reading Crutchfield and
 noticed the Jetta GLX can only use 6 3/8" deep stereos...but anything that I
 would consider using is 6 3/4" making it impossible one example is the
 Blaupunkt Las Vagas or any of the Clarions. I know some of you have
 mentioned installing the Blaupunkt and I was curious how you defied the laws
 of physics, or is there extra room in there?

 Also the Blaupunkt LV is only 13watts RMS does this really hamper it
 compared to some of the others that are rated at 21watts?

 Adam Lindsay
 adam@mindex.com

If you go to the Crutchfield website and enter your vehicle information, it
will tell you which head units will fit.  Guess what, they almost all do.  I
even spoke to them on the phone some time ago about the depth and they said
that it has some extra room and you WILL be able to install most head units.

Chuck
'98 GLX